Day 7: Add a Touch of Christmas to Every Room
Growing up we always had the prettiest decorations. My mom would place a touch of Christmas throughout the entire house and truly embrace the holiday season through decorating. But I know she never spent much to do it. She was and still is extremely creative in how she does it. She taught me and my three sisters well!
You too don't have to spend a lot of money to place a touch of Christmas in every room of your home. You may already have everything you need but incase you don't I have given you a few resources to find some things at discounted prices. This challenge comes from our Redefine Normal Pursuit.
*Picture provide by Yellow Prairie Interiors. Janna Allbritton is an incredible designer and blogger. Her other designs are equally as beautiful as this photo here. Check out her website!
Here are a few ideas...
- Holiday throw pillows. If you are crafty, you can take a large festive napkin or a table cloth and make pillow covers with them. If you don't like to sew or don't know how, you can use fabric glue...easy peasy! Cut the size you want, glue 2/3rds of the pillow, stuff with pillow stuffing and glue what's left shut.
- Fir tree scented candle. This one is my favorite but it's kind of expensive. It's definitely a splurge every year but since it reminds me of my dad, it's worth it. It smells AMAZING!
- A colorful Christmas ornament sitting on a nightstand or end table is a simple solution.
- A red throw across the end of a bed or arm rest of a chair or couch.
- Bring the outdoors in. Cut some evergreen branches put them in a basket and put a string of lights on them.
- Hang a wreath in a window with festive red ribbon.
- Cinnamon scented pinecones in a basket under a table.
- Holiday designed pillow cases (Go to a discount store like TJ Maxx Home Goods to find them at lower prices or splurge on Pottery Barn . You will use them every year.)
- Put a lit Christmas tree in your bedroom. No ornaments needed, just the lights.
- Find a festive bowl and put multi colored Christmas tree ornaments in it. You can find ornaments like this in bulk, inexpensively, at any discount store like Walmart or Target.
- Mini rosemary trees with battery operated lights are fun to have sitting on a kitchen counter. Trader Joes, Whole Foods and most grocery stores carry these trees for about $9.99. The battery operated lights are only $5 at Target.
Love What's Next Six Pursuits
All our Projects are based upon theses six, life altering, categories we call Pursuits and the "24 Days of Holiday Fun Project" is no different. Each challenge falls into one or more of these six Pursuits because when you begin to implement them into your life every day, your life is filled with more adventure, love, money, health and well being, joy, and purpose and meaning. Take a quick minute to learn what they are!